State Establishment "Republican Scientific and-Practical Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics» of the Ministry of Health is a leading medical institution in the field of neurological and neurosurgical care for children and the adult population of the Republic of Belarus, as well as foreign citizens on a fee paid basis.
Restore the ability to move after an injury and return to normal life with congenital or acquired diseases when a step or wave of the hand without pain - is not a luxury, but a natural motion is made possible for patients of our center.
The main areas of health care services are:
- Treatment of congenital and acquired diseases of bones and joints;
- Treatment of patients with acute and complicated injuries;
- Treatment of patients with spinal cord injuries and spinal cord;
- Treatment of patients with diseases of the spine;
- Surgical treatment of intervertebral hernias and correction for various types of orthopedic spinal deformities (scoliosis and kyphosis).
Specialists of the Centre of traumatology and orthopedics developed and put into practice modern techniques of minimally invasive osteosynthesis for fractures of limbs, perform surgery in severe injuries of the pelvis and femur, provide the entire volume of the modern specialized care for injuries of the spine. Complex treatment of patients with diseases of the spine, including surgical treatment of intervertebral hernias and correction for various types of orthopedic spinal deformities (scoliosis and kyphosis) is carried out.
Each year employees of the Center consult about 30 thousand patients, perform more than 6000 operations:
- 600 hip replacements;
- 250 total knee arthroplasty;
- 600 arthroscopic operations;
- 1000 operations on the spine.
Centre of traumatology and orthopedics is actively cooperating with international organizations:
- EFORT (The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology - The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedic Trauma)
- SICOT (SociétéInternationale de ChirurgieOrthopédiqueet de Traumatologie - International Congress of orthopedic trauma)
- ESSKA (The European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy - The European Association of knee surgery, sports injuries, arthroscopy)
- AAOS (The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons).
Inpatient treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system is performed with the use of modern medical technologies in the wards of increased comfort.
After a comprehensive and thorough examination and treatment the patient is provided with detailed recommendations for further preventive and supportive care, lifestyle, to prevent recurrence of the disease and maximize social adaptation.
State operator of medical tourism in the Republic of Belarus “Clinics of Belarus» provides help in organizing medical services in RSPC "Traumatology and Orthopedics".