Intravenous laser blood irradiation
Laser therapy has been being used for a long time and is effectively applied as a physiotherapeutic method in the treatment of different diseases. Thanks to the appearance of new modern equipment, nowadays there is a possibility to use a new method of laser therapy – intravenous laser blood irradiation (ILBI).
What is intravenous laser blood irradiation (ILBI)
Intravenous laser blood irradiation is based on influence on cellular structures and homeostatic maintenance. Using this type of laser therapy, we cause an effect at all levels — blood elements, the whole blood (its theological properties), cause a reaction from the whole organism.
During the procedure, laser waveguide, a conductor of laser irradiation of red area of spectrum of low intensity is introduced into the vein, which helps to decrease losses of optical power during the procedure. ILBI is applied in cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, gastroenterology and many other fields of medicine.
Effects of intravenous laser blood irradiation:
- improvement of erythrocytes function, they begin to capture oxygen more actively and transport in into the tissues;
- trophism is being improved;
- microcirculation is being improved;
- correction of imbalance of immune system;
- biophysical properties of blood are being improved;
- antibacterial effect;
- increase of antioxidative activity of blood;
- normalization of metabolic processes in the organism;
- cell regeneration is being stimulated.
Indication for intravenous laser blood irradiation:
- neurological diseases;
- disorders of cerebral circulation and their long-term effects;
- atherosclerosis of cerebral blood vessels;
- syndrome of vertebral arteries;
- circulatory encephalopathy;
- vegetative and vascular asthenia;
- pathology of cardiovascular system (myocardial infarction, ischemic heart disease, exertional angina, arterial hypertension, obliterating atherosclerosis of lower limb vessels and etc.);
- diseases with disorders of immune system – disseminated sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial allergy, recur herpetic infections and etc.
How is intravenous laser blood irradiation performed?
The procedure of intravenous blood irradiation is performed in the treatment room or in a special room with the compliance of the requirements of laser security. A patient sits down on the chair or lies on the couch. Following aseptic regulations, a nurse conducts puncture of cubital vein with the help of disposable needle with a light pipe inside. Light pipes are aseptic, disposable. After this, with a help of a special adapter a light pipe is being attached to the laser light source – device for intravenous blood irradiation. After the procedure a needle with a light pipe is being removed from the vein and is being recycled.
In general, the procedure lasts about 20-30 minutes. After the procedure a patient is resting in comfortable conditions for less than 30 minutes. A full course of treatment consists of 5-10 procedures. It is possible to conduct the procedure daily and every other day. The procedure doesn’t cause pain, it is well tolerated by patients.
The application of intravenous laser blood irradiation helps to improve treatment results after different diseases and helps to improve patients’ condition.